Subject: [Leica] To Sell or Not to Sell now Canon/Nikon
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 09:07:55 -0400

Tina,

>>Well, it's full-frame all right so it shows up every chromatic
aberration and color fringe and softness in all four corners of most
of my Canon lenses.<<

That to me sounds more like an issue with lenses than an issue with a FF
camera body.

I've always wondered about the whole APS sized sensor thing. The
scuttlebutt has always been that it's due to the cost of manufacturing,
etc. Or design issues (i.e. a bigger sensor wont' fit in the camera.)
Then along comes the S2 with a big sensor in a smallish camera body.

Could APS sensors really be because companies discovered that their
lenses  aren't up to snuff? I can hear it now. "Let's just use smaller
sensors and make the public believe it's due to some other reason than
the fact that our lenses don't perform that well at the corners!" Of
course, I'd like to believe that companies always tell the truth, the
whole truth and nothing but the truth. After all, the public is too
smart to be fooled :-)

Dave R