Subject: [Leica] IMG: A week in the City of Chicago with my grandson
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 08:44:29 -0700

Clive Moss showed;

Last week I spent a week in downtown Chicago with my grandson, M8,

25mm CV f/4 and 35mm Summilux f/1.4 ASPH.

The slideshow is here:

<http://clive.smugmug.com/photos/swfpopup.mg?AlbumID=8729465&AlbumKey=M5E2F>

The gallery is here:

http://clive.smugmug.com/gallery/8729465_M5E2F/1/577270919_gnz9b
<http://clive.smugmug.com/gallery/8729465_M5E2F/1/577270919_gnz9b%3c%3c%3c%3
c%3c> <<<<<

Hi Clive,

What a wonderful collection of photographs for both you and your grandson. I
hope you have the time to produce a hard copy  "photo album" for him as a
keep sake. Even if you don't make the 4X6 prints yourself, do an edit or
take what you've shown here to a Wal-Mart or whatever quick print shop,
order a set of 4X6's and stick them in an economical photo album for him.

And 25 years from now your grand son might well be showing it to your great
grandsons or daughters. A priceless visual in hand collection to go with the
memories.

If you just leave these on the hard drive or burn a DVD it's not likely
they'll be looked at. The album creates a tangible book of pictures to hold
in hands.

I have pictures & albums of my 10 grandchildren, a few of them right from
their birthing moment to graduates and working in the real world. They are
priceless! If they're left on hard drive they'll be lost in the dungeons of
a hard dive rarely ever looked at.

Our times with our grandkids is something very very special, not to be just
looked at on screen. Particularly when they and we are much older.. That's
the time the early day pictures in an album are without question, priceless!

Obviously you both had a wonderful time.

Cheers,

ted

Replies: Reply from clive.moss at gmail.com (Clive Moss) ([Leica] IMG: A week in the City of Chicago with my grandson)