Subject: [Leica] Someone gave me a strange lens
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan)
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 19:21:57 +0200

Yesterday, a Polish gentleman (friend of my uncle) gave me a couple
of items he inherited from a relative. Among them is a lens in a
screw mount of some sort, with the following marking:

Carl Zeiss Jena Nr. 706197
Tessar 1:4.5 f=12 cm

The lens is in remarkably good shape considering its age (I do not
know how old it is but surely it IS old). The aperture is clickless,
the focusing scale in metres only.

The lens is very heavy despite the modest amount of glass due to its
very solid brass construction.

Anyone know anything about this lens? I suspect it is just a
paperweight--there is no rangefinder coupling of any kind, so it is
certainly useless on a Leica Mx.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman