Subject: [Leica] NYLUG Pix - Panasonic G1 with Leica Lenses
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor)
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 10:07:08 -0400

As Roger said, it was another great meeting.  Kyle Cassidy and Craig
Semetko both made photographically exciting and often really funny
presentations.  Some pictures:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rtaylor/PICKS/NYLUG+2009/

They were all taken with the G1 and either the new coded 21 mm Elmarit
(the first) or a 70's vintage 50 mm Summicron (the rest).  Even with
just the projector providing light, the camera was easy to focus
though, as I've mentioned before, it's necessary to look around the
camera to capture action.  The EVF slows way down under such dim
light.  ISOs vary from 400 to 1250.

I've found it's possible to reliably focus the 50 at f2.0 and 2.8
without the G1's magnification option, but the 21 needs it.  That's
why there's only one 21 mm shot in this set.

My apologies up front if I've misspelled any names - or got them wrong.

C&C always welcome.

Regards,

Dick