Subject: [Leica] FS: All of my R gear (sadly!)
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 13:31:43 +1000

David, I was there when Stefan Daniel announced the information. I was
sitting with Carl who was simultaneously translating for several English
speakers as Stefan spoke and texting the info to be posted to the forum. It
has been well translated and summarised by Andreas (who video recorded the
speech) for the L Camera Forum.
 <
http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/customer-forum/89591-summary-q-session-stefan-daniel-during.html

He (Stefan) also said in English, "a good solution" when queried. However it
would not be ready by next Photokina (too ambitious) would not have anything
to do with the S2 and not be a dSLR. The DMR is also addressed.
If you read all of the text of the translation (or in native German if you
speak that) you will see that the numbers just do not make sense, most
especially in light of the global financial mess.
Leica is not immune there and its an overwhelming factor especially when
Leica is working hard to be viable in any event.

There was more information regarding the state of business for Leica too as
well as some more hints on future directions.
Given some pretty negative reactions, there's noting productive to be
accomplished by sharing more of that.
I can understand your disappointment although I am an M user. However you've
characterised Leica as dishonest or incompetent. You might understand that
language is likely to frustrate others with different views too.

Replies: Reply from msadat at gmail.com (mehrdad) ([Leica] FS: All of my R gear (sadly!))
Reply from richard.lists at gmail.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] FS: All of my R gear (sadly!))
Message from dpfreedman at gmail.com (David Freedman) ([Leica] FS: All of my R gear (sadly!))