Subject: [Leica] FS: All of my R gear (sadly!)
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto at earthlink.net)
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 16:31:41 -0400

David Freedman wrote:

The future R solution mentioned by
Stefan Daniel was characterized, I believe, as being "adequate".  I
just don't like the sound of that.
<<<

This is a case where direct translation from German doesn't convey the full
meaning of the word.  In German the word is much more positive than is
generally inferred in English.

Be that as it may, I'm also disappointed with the turn of events and if a
suitable digital body for R lenses isn't on the near horizon when it's time
to replace the DMR, I'll be looking at other brands.  I'm not going back to
film.

FWIW, in my experience the 180 APO David is selling is a stellar lens.
Brilliantly sharp & no bad habits.  The two things that would improve it
IMHO are a bit more resistance in the focussing ring and a built-in
rotating tripod collar.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

mail2web.com ? Enhanced email for the mobile individual based on Microsoft?

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] FS: All of my R gear (sadly!))
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] FS: All of my R gear (sadly!))