Subject: [Leica] Advice from G1 users on LUG...
From: pasvorn at boonmark.net (Pasvorn Boonmark)
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 13:10:28 -0700

Hi Gary,

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 12:53 PM, Gary Dalton<grdalton at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I'm about ready to buy a new Panasonic G1...
>
> Would B&H or Amazon be my best sources?

B&H, Amazon is as good as any.

> Whose the best source for quality Leica or Canon lens adapters?
> Should I expect to pay around $175 for a good one?

I have 2 adapters for M-lens:
- Cameraquest
- Jinfinance from ebay

They are both works fine.  The second one is a bit cheaper.  The
differences are fitting, and some detail.
The Cameraquest adapter that I have, is very tight.  When using it
with M-LTM adapter, I can not remove the LTM adapter by hand.  I
needed to use a tools to remove it.

The jinfinance has some play, but does not seem to effect the picture
quality (not that I can see)

The Cameraquest also has a light baffle which should cut down the
internal light refection (bouncing off from the focus cam).

I can take picture of the two adapters tonight and post it for you.

> What kind of picture storage comes with it?
> Is it a good idea to buy additional storage up front?

It uses SD card.  There is none included.  You would need to get some.

> I want a back-up battery. Do I need a charger?

The camera comes with external charger.  You don't need another one,
unless you want to be able to charge two batteries at the same time.

> Why would I want to concern myself with the color of the camera body?

Some likes it blue, and some likes it red.  :)

> Is anyone out there a fan of service agreements for these things?

I think it is not a bad idea.  I don't have one for mine, yet.  Still
thinking about it.

Hope this help.

-Pasvorn

Replies: Reply from grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com) ([Leica] Advice from G1 users on LUG...)