Subject: [Leica] Kodachrome RIP
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 22:08:05 -0400

At 09:05 PM 6/22/2009, you wrote:
>Am I the only one here who feels just a little sadness at this news?
>
>Mike D

I've scanned almost 2000 Kodachrome slides over the last few
days.  It's wonderful stuff.  Still as vibrant and beautiful as it
ever was.  I won't miss the hassles of getting it developed, worrying
about film getting lost to and from the developer, batches getting
ruined by QualChrome (or whatever company it was that took over and
ruined everything).  Everything we do these days seems so fleeting -
here today and gone tomorrow.  Kodachrome was forever.

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Kodachrome RIP)