Subject: [Leica] IMG: Egg Eater
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 18:37:10 -0400

At 06:10 PM 6/19/2009, you wrote:
>She grabbed the
>single shot .22 from behind the front door, went out there and got it with
>the first shot.
>
>I was in awe.

We are having problems with critters out here.  When the keets were a
month old we moved them to a large chicken-wire pen in the
henhouse.  The first night, a raccoon reached through the
chicken-wire and grabbed two of them.  He managed to pull their heads
through the wire and beheaded them.  We've put screen wire all over
the cage now and there are lots of raccoon prints around the cage in
the morning but, so far, he hasn't managed to get to the 3 remaining keets.

Anybody know how to get rid of raccoons?  Tom was going to sleep out
there in the truck and shoot the raccoon, but he would sleep through
a freight train going by so I know that won't work.

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from glehrer at san.rr.com (Jerry Lehrer) ([Leica] IMG: Egg Eater)