Subject: [Leica] M8 aftermarket battery - follow-up
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 14:35:57 -0700

To date I have bought approximately 40 batteries from third parties
for cameras and such, both for myself and other members of my family.

I have had one that didn't last as well as it should have.

Most have been better than the originals in capacity and lifespan.

The M8 batteries I got were from a fellow in Hong Kong via ebay,
'wqtallup', ebayseller1 at yahoo.com.hk.

At first (early 2007) the batteries were about $15 ea, later down to
about $7 ea. I wouldn't consider buying OEM ones; even if the
capacity of the third party ones were only 1/2 of the originals it
just doesn't make sense to me. BTW, none of the M8 batteries I bought
from him failed prematurely, while one of the 3 original Leica
batteries I've had failed after about 5 charge cycles.

--

    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw at archiphoto.com