Subject: [Leica] The Magic Harvey 777, redux
From: richard.lists at gmail.com (Richard Man)
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 11:02:11 -0700

I bought mine from bluegrass so no imposter there.

The magic is definitely in the seasonness of the soup. This is a
freshly mixed batch, and you can see the fine grain and tonality
already but not quite the "highlight that goes on forever" yet. In my
blog post, the 2nd picture was done 3-4 years ago and even on the
small 35mm negs, you can see the highlight just keeps going, and
going.

The other magic, if you read the famous unblinkingeye article, is
consistent agitation method. Let that sinks it a little. I use a Jobo,
and if there is one thing that a Jobo does well, is that it is
extremely consistent in agitation :-) - always rolling.

To compensate for the potential small tank issue, I just use a lot of
it, to the max of the tank capacity.

I have read replenished D23 is pretty good too.

--
// richard m: richard @imagecraft.com
// w: http://www.rfman.com

Message from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] The Magic Harvey 777, redux)