Subject: [Leica] Olympus Pen 50 years
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 03:03:14 -0400

This just today out:
http://asia.olympus-imaging.com/products/dslr/special/pen50th/pen/

Its time to reintroduce a new half frame film camera.
That's right a film camera.
72 on a roll;
Or in this new case:  using tab grain technology film;
Which really makes such a format viable for perhaps the first time.

So much glass out there is being designed for the APS-2 format.
Which is for all practically purposes half frame.
I think somebody should give us a film version of using our "digital crop"
glass.

While they're at it they could come out with a 4/3's film camera.
In a cute little cassette.
I'm sure they'd not loose TOO much money.
Would be great for PR.

Me I'd love to shoot some film with my 12-24 f4 zoom.

I'd also love to shoot some digital with my  Olympus Pen glass.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] Olympus Pen 50 years)
Reply from benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney) ([Leica] Olympus Pen 50 years)
Reply from mingthein at gmail.com (Thein Onn Ming) ([Leica] Olympus Pen 50 years)