Subject: [Leica] 6x7 Enlarger?
From: durling at cox.net (Mike Durling)
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 22:11:53 -0400

I have a huge but very solid Zone VI 5x7 (inches) enlarger.  It works
great but is not exactly portable.  Since I decided that on the rare
occasions I would print I wanted to do it in the house rather than the
garage I pulled out my little Nikor 6x7 enlarger.  It has a color head
but there is a chart with filtration numbers that work well with VC
paper.  I had only used it for 35mm but decided to try it with 6x7 and
it makes excellent prints up to about 11x14.  Those are often available
for a song but the 6x7 carriers are hard to find.  Fortunately there is
a replacement of another brand.  I ended up making my own carrier which
works well too.

Graded paper is pretty easy to come by.  Freestyle carries several.
I've had good luck with Kentmere and Slavich but there are others.

Mike D

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] 6x7 Enlarger?)
Reply from s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov) ([Leica] 6x7 Enlarger?)