Subject: [Leica] KISS vs. slave labor
From: rbaron at concentric.net (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 09:13:35 -0500

For those of you in the Los Angeles vicinity, there is/was a
transplanted Frenchman named Gerard (last name escapes me) who was a
real master printer.  He owned a lab called Focus Foto on La Brea; you
can google it and call to see if he is still in business.

He apprenticed in Paris back in HCB's time and may still have a story
or two to tell.

He made some absolutely wonderful prints for me (much better than the
images deserved) when I was shooting film around the turn of the
century (gosh that sounds so long ago)....

--Bob

===On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 1:04 AM, Richard Man <richard.lists at gmail.com>