Subject: [Leica] Why sharpen?
From: clive.moss at gmail.com (Clive Moss)
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 21:17:28 -0500

1. To recover apparent sharpness after the blur of the anti-aliasing filter.

2. Same reason that one used a high-acutance developer with film. Same
optical illusion. Brighten the dark side of the edge. Lighten the light side
of the edge. Painters have done it forever.
--
Clive
Blog:  http://clive.moss.net/blog

Replies: Reply from drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers) ([Leica] Why sharpen?)