Subject: [Leica] Answering the M8 landscape question with an image...
From: mingthein at gmail.com (Thein Onn Ming)
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 10:21:14 +0800

Reduced size:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mingthein/3590421185/sizes/l/

Full resolution: the camera is resolving the leaves on the trees at
this point, mild sharpening applied. The JPEG is the same size as the
original DNG file.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mingthein/3590421185/sizes/o/

M8, DNG, ACR, CV 15/4.5 II at f8, if I remember right. There's quite
a bit more detail than similar landscapes I've shot with the D3, and
those made fantastic 12x18"s. I have no doubt the M8 can make an
awesome landscape camera...you're welcome to download the large size
file to make a test print for yourself, but of course please don't
distribute it.

Ming

THEIN Onn Ming
*photohorologer ming at www.mingthein.com