Subject: [Leica] VictorBlad
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 13:36:07 -0500

In my dream state I actually hope you're correct as regards sensor
real estate.
Especially as some of these "deals" become imaginable.

However, Ming and others on other lists have suggested that
in the real world - the full frame 24x36 camera systems (with best
lenses)
are competing handsomely with their "medium format" 16-22 megapixel
cousins.

The 39 - 45 backs are another story all together - and have their own
problems
and considerations re: storage, and lenses to do them justice.

I'd really like to shoot the CFV back, with my 40, 80 and 150
bolted solidly to gitzo heavy weight
right up against
M8 50 lux asph and 28 cron
DMR with apo glass

and actually compare the files and prints

looks like a week with the CFV will run about $500.
(if I can find one for rent)

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com