Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Boring Lens Tests
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 04:48:08 -0400

At 12:29 AM 5/25/2009, you wrote:
>How do you find the 35 Nokton in use? Thinking of replacing my 35
>cron asph with one...

I wouldn't do that.  I've had problems with my Nokton.  I'd only had
it a few month when the blades all fell down inside the lens. It
wasn't covered by warranty since, supposedly, vibration from travel
loosened the interior screws. When I got it back, it doesn't focus to
infinity.  It seemed to do o.k. on these lens tests, but I just don't
trust it anymore.  I've never had any problems with my old
Summilux.  The Summicron has a totally different look to it and a
much better reputation than either of the faster lenses.

YMMV, though.

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com