Subject: [Leica] Bogen/Manfrotto 334B, 3245
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2009 23:32:25 -0700

Does anyone have an opinion on the Bogen/Manfrotto 334B or its replacement,
the 3245?  This is an aluminum monopod with two twist-lock legs and a
trigger-grip adjustment for the top section.

I've been thinking about a monopod for occasional night/darkness use.  As I
am 6'3" tall (190.5 cm), and my eye level standing is about 67
inches.  Subract 2.5 inches for the height of the camera eyepiece, and I
need 64.5 inches of monopod.

Most of the available monopods are either too short, too heavy, or too
expensive.  The 334B or 3245 one will just extend to my eye level with a
Leica, weights just 1.1 lbs, and has the trigger adjust.

Is it sturdy and rugged enough?  Opinions or alternatives welcome.

--Peter

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Bogen/Manfrotto 334B, 3245)