Subject: [Leica] OT Nikon D700
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 09:06:12 +1000

Mads, since I am sitting in a certain place down under, I guess I need to
respond! Remarkable how threads grow.
My response to Steve with his D700 query was simply a gentle joke. I know
Steve on-line quite well. You can see photos by both of us along with other
Leica shooters in our shared book. Look out for volume two later this
year. I'm pleased for him that he got his camera sorted out. It seems to be
a very impressive dSLR, especially for its low light performance. Steve has
and uses very well, a bunch of brands.
Now in defence of my defence ;-) this is nominally a Leica users group, I
hope we do have people here who are enthusiastic about Leica. Of course I am
one of those. I did use (and sell) Nikon gear for quite a number of years, 7
for selling, 30 or so for using. Nikon make great cameras and lenses. I
choose to use Leica for all of the usual Leica reasons.
If you take a dispassionate look at the list here we have some folks who are
enthusiastic supporters of Nikon, even to the point of often seeming
negative about Leica (Steve is not one of those).
Room for everyone on this list. Even people who are keen supporters of Leica
and Aussies that make gentle puns with their friends!

Replies: Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] OT Nikon D700)