Subject: [Leica] New lenses and S2
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 19:52:48 -0400

At 07:46 PM 3/8/2009, you wrote:
>I am giving them full credit for doing the right thing.... IR filter always
>there....on the sensor, where it belongs.
>
>Frank Filippone

But new lenses designed for it so the filter does not degrade the
image.  The reason they left it off of the M8 was so we could use our
old lenses - and I'm so glad they did!!  If they had come out with an
M8 requiring new M lenses, who would have bought it?  A simple
external filter, when it is needed, was the best solution.  Thanks,
Leica, for thinking of your loyal customers!

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] New lenses and S2)