Subject: [Leica] Analog photography is alive and well...
From: richard.lists at gmail.com (Richard Man)
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 22:23:44 -0800

We went to the Modern Book Gallery Nova Foto 19
http://www.modernbook.com/fotonova19.htm reception last night. First of all,
the place was packed. I was quite pleasantly surprised by that. Second, we
were there fairly late, so I only got to see a few people work up close. My
wife gravitated toward the colorists, and I went straight for the B&W
people. And wouldn't you know it, of the 4 people I talked to, they all use
film. 2 use Hasselblad, one Yashica, and one uses anything from a $1 toy
camera (Diana?) to 4x5 and everything in between. First 3 are female and all
4 said they just love working in the darkroom. In fact Sita bemoaned the
loss of Rodinal, which she loves.

Very inspiring experience. I just mixed up some Xtol. Film lives...

--
// richard m: richard @imagecraft.com
// w: http://www.rfman.com