Subject: [Leica] Señoritas outside of the Subway
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 11:35:35 +1000

Lluis the first one does not quite work for me. I like the element of the
Barcelona poster but I do not see any obvious action or expression from the
young lady. I'm sure that she's pretty, but we have no expression or
anything to connect us with her. The exposure is fine of course. If she was
holding up a camera for example I could see this one working well. Right now
we only see a lamp post in front of her.

In the second shot the lady with the sunglasses does grab the eye but her
friend to her left is lost in the shadow. Not an easy exposure to make of
course with the bright contrasty light. Maybe a vertical composition would
have worked better, what do you think? I like her active pose and she is an
interesting subject. The elements of the people behind her too would add
more, if the lady on her right was not distracting me.

I think the colour version has better elements to help it too. Her headband
, tht hand bag and even the denim jeans make good colour accents. Her brown
top is not ideal though. I know that you would not like to do it, but
changing the colour of her top in Photoshop could really lift the colour
image.
My friend you are a much better street photographer than I am. These
comments are meant to be helpful for a discussion. I am sure that other
people see these photos differently.

Replies: Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] Señoritas outside of the Subway)