Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 38, Issue 32: Advice a-plenty was much appreciated... any more pointers for a newbie?
From: geordiepete211 at yahoo.co.uk (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Fri Nov 14 12:15:48 2008

Hello fellow Luggers!

I'm just getting into rangefinder photography, although SLR
photography has been a hobby for the last 5 years.
I posted here once before and one person gave me a good tip on which
lens to use, another told me to avoid flash,
great advice, thank you, that helps a lot, but my f/2 lenses are a bit
slow with 400 film for the kid of photos I want to make,
still, I will not use flash again, as it is ruinous, I now see; and
another Lugger gave me some
sound advice that I don't need to fret about what lens or film I use,
but just use the same film for one season or for
one year.  I will try to keep to a film diet, but with two films
rather than one - Neopan 400 and Provia 400X , because I enjoy
transparencies.

Um, could you chaps take a wee look at some of my latest attempts
(www.flickr.com/photos/geordiepete)and
  tell me where
I'm going wrong, what bad habits I might be developing, and what, if
anything, I'm doing that is interesting and needs bringing out?

I think some of my photographs are low in contrast, too many are
centre-framed (because I imagine the photo I want, and
my brain keeps it, but after focus is achieved in the middle of the
viewfinder, my forefinger squeezes the button instead of waiting for me
to recompose. Lazy, impatient or not practiced enough, I'm not sure
which.

Advice of all kinds welcome, as before.

Thank you!

Peter