Subject: [Leica] [img]Mark's PAW week 44
From: mark.teampope at ntlworld.com (Mark Pope)
Date: Thu Oct 30 13:14:40 2008

Another shot of a slightly aboreal nature this week.  I was out walking
off the stresses caused by a particularly irritating telephone call.
Sometimes I hate working for a large organisation!

Anyway enough ranting, as my BP is more or less under control (I think).

To the image.. it's taken with the Leica G9 (Hey, if Kyle can use a
Leica D700, then I can use a Leica G9 right?).  Macro mode, -1EV
exposure compensation to try and control the highlights.  It's been
converted to monochrome and quite a steep curve applied to darken down
the Then  I tweaked the yellow and green channels to emphasise the leaf
and the blue to darken down the chainlink. I've upped the contrast
slightly to make it a slightly harder image.

I'm a bit annoyed about the blown highlights that remain.

http://www.monomagic.co.uk/gallery.php?gallery=paw/2008&image=2008-week44-1.jpg

The print looks quite nice (did I mention I have a new printer? - an
Epson Stylus Pro 3800, which is the Mutt's Nuts!)

C&C welcome.

Cheers

Mark
--