Subject: [Leica] FWIW: a response from a senator on "orphan"
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Wed Oct 29 07:27:53 2008

Dear George,

Thank you for contacting me about S. 2913, the Shawn Bentley Orphan
Works Act of 2008. I appreciate hearing from you.

Senators Pat Leahy (D-VT) and Orrin Hatch (R-UT) introduced S. 2913
on April 24, 2008. The Senate Judiciary Committee, of which I am a
member, approved this bill on May 15, 2008, by a voice vote. S. 2913
now awaits consideration by the full Senate. I will be sure to keep
your thoughts in mind should the full Senate consider S. 2913 or
other legislation related to orphan works.

I also thought you would be interested to know that the U.S.
Copyright Office has done an extensive study of problems related to
"orphan works." A copy of this report is available on line at http://
www.copyright.gov/orphan/.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your views with me. I look
forward to hearing from you in the future.

Fond regards,
George

george@imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com