Subject: [Leica] Lens hood cover question
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Fri Oct 24 12:08:44 2008

I've lost the flimsy rubber hood cap for the lens hood on my beloved 35/1.4
Summilux-M ASPH, absolutely my favorite Leica lens of all time.

My local camera store doesn't have any in stock, and in fact they weren't
entirely sure what part to order.

I see in catalogs some decent hood covers for the 35/1.4 Summilux-R (Leica
part 14013). Does anybody know if the R and M hoods are similar enough that
the hood covers would be interchangeable?

If they aren't interchangeable, I fear I'll have to order the entire hood
assembly (part 12589) just to get the cover, which seems wasteful. And the
damn flexible rubber cover will fall off again just like the first one did.

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] Lens hood cover question)
Reply from h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche) ([Leica] Lens hood cover question)
Reply from len-001 at verizon.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] Lens hood cover question)
Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] Lens hood cover question)