Subject: [Leica] leica m8 owners, r u upgrading
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sun Oct 19 20:18:03 2008

Remember, you also get a 1 year extended warranty, which may be worth more
than $1000.

If your used M8 brings $3500 in the used market and you save $1000 by not
upgrading but rather purchasing a M8.2, then the new camera cost you an
upgrade cost of ( $$ New Camera Price  - $4500).  I think I remember the
M8.2 is $6300, which makes the M8.2 $1800 more, but the warranty is brand
new, so it is 3 years......2 years more than the upgrade.  Is the warranty
worth $1000 a year to you?  If it breaks, what are the repair costs?  RELALY
high, I bet.

Personally, if the cost is really not that much of a problem with the home
finance manager, the new M8.2 is the better deal.  Then again, I am still
shooting film, so what do I know.......

I think Leica did a good job of pricing the upgrades and of pricing the new
camera.. it so not obvious if the new camera or the upgrade is the  greater
bargain.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

I have put my name on the list for the upgrade, but now i don't know
if shutter upgrade (the only one i was looking at) is worth it. for
1000usd  you can do a lot of stuff and the camera itself will
succeeded soon by at least the M9 (may be even ziess or voiltander
jump in too)

Replies: Reply from msadat at gmail.com (mehrdad) ([Leica] leica m8 owners, r u upgrading)