Subject: [Leica] Olympus Pen F Camera and lenses......
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sat Oct 18 16:16:29 2008

"Mark Rabiner" <mark@rabinergroup.com> wrote
> The lens quality on the Pen F is shockingly bad you'd expect a lot more
> from
> Olympus certainly the major week link I the system as I look at it.
> I am though basing that certainly overly broad assumption opinion on just
> few lenes
>
> I have the 38mm F. Zuiko Auto-S 1:1.8
> And the 100mm E. Zuiko Auto-T 1:3.5
>
> Both dogs.
>
> Woof!

Dogs? I'll have to take it out of its kennel for walkies.

I bought the Pen F this year out of curiosity from another photographer who
mentioned that he had one mouldering away in a cupboard. He was happy to
take 40 euro. Based on a quick blizzard of shots taken outside my office on
a test roll and dropped across to the C41 man across the street, I was happy
with the purchase and the lens seems fine based on that limited test. That
said it's mouldering away in my own cupboard <grin>. I've been too busy to
shoot another film with it, so will stick in a roll tomorrow and give it a
more leisurely go. If it was good enough for W. Eugene Smith then I suspect
it's good enough for me.

Douglas
_________
Douglas Barry