Subject: [Leica] Palo Alto Control, we have a possible solution and an alternative
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Thu Oct 16 07:16:33 2008

John, thanks for your note.
A couple of years ago I separated spamd onto its own machine. That works,
except that during a spam avalanche the mail machine runs out of VM or PIDs
or something on spamc. Switching from sendmail to postfix is my key goal; I
know I can do that /in situ/ on the mail machine without upgrading anything
else, but the current hardware is 10 years old and the OS is 5 years old and
it just seems to be time.

I've tried 2 commercial spam-control services, and neither one was
satisfactory. I haven't tried Spamhouse; I tried Trend's MAPS RBL, which was
useless, and I tried Spamikaze, which worked moderately well but went out of
business.

I'll go look up Spamhouse and see what it can offer. Thanks for the advice.
(I assume you mean Spamhaus, BTW).

Replies: Reply from drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers) ([Leica] New Ektar 100)
Reply from hartzell at alerce.com (George Hartzell) ([Leica] Palo Alto Control, we have a possible solution and an alternative)
Reply from jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore) ([Leica] Palo Alto Control, we have a possible solution and an alternative)