Subject: [Leica] BOATING PADS # 16, 17, & 18 - Hawaiian War Canoe (Sort of), Pump Surfboard, and Other Nautical Curiosities
From: r.s.taylor_post at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Mon Oct 13 07:27:44 2008

The Gosnold Row Race has become a regular event in Woods Hole Great
Harbor.  Primarily an opportunity for families and friends to get
together for a good time on the water, it also brings out a variety of
unusual watercraft.  Among the twenty-odd rowboats, dinghies, kayaks
and inflatables in competition, were the interesting vessels shown in
the links below.

Whole families rowed in some of the larger dories.  There was a lot of
laughter on the water.  Prizes were awarded in so many categories that
almost everyone went home with something.

Hawaiian War Canoe - Sort of...

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rtaylor/PICKS/2008_PAD/300_2150.jpg.html
or
http://tinyurl.com/3qr7zk

Featherweight Kayak

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rtaylor/PICKS/2008_PAD/300_2178.jpg.html
or
http://tinyurl.com/4ssdm6

Forward Seating Rowboat

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rtaylor/PICKS/2008_PAD/300_2193.jpg.html
or
http://tinyurl.com/4e3gkc

Pump Surfboard

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rtaylor/PICKS/2008_PAD/pump_board_comp.jpg.html
or
http://tinyurl.com/3spd4s

This was a fast-moving race.  I had a busy 20 minutes staying ahead of
them in my inflatable while trying to get the best shots of the most
interesting boats.  Great fun.  Next time I'm going to bring somebody
along to steer, though.

D300 70-200 f2.8 zoom.  C& C always welcome.

Regards,

Dick
off-list comments to r.s.taylor at comcast dot net please.

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] BOATING PADS # 16, 17, & 18 - Hawaiian War Canoe (Sort of), Pump Surfboard, and Other Nautical Curiosities)