Subject: [Leica] What leica product did you sell only to buy back?
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Sat Oct 11 14:48:42 2008

You have no idea
how happy you will be

when I put my R glass
on the 10D I thought I'd found "the digital solution"
the 20D enhanced that feeling considerably
the 5D provided yet another quantum leap
plus returned full frame functionality
HOWEVER
when I held the DMR/R8 + R glass
in my hands
it felt like I had returned home
after a period of being lost in unfamiliar territory

the first files I opened on the screen
stunned me almost as much
as the first time I saw Medium Format files on screen

The only times the 5D comes out of the bag
High action sports, or
when I'm doing family stuff
where I don't want to think much
and then - only with Canon auto lenses
even though the R glass performs better optically
the ergonomics simply don't work well

and
the M8 trumps the DMR
for everyday use