Subject: [Leica] August 2009 for the S2????
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Sep 24 21:33:41 2008

There's a Mamiya medium format ZD non modular camera which has been
threatening to come out for years at a low price point.

It kind of looks like a cross between a Hassy H and a 35mm type DSLR

Ok I see its a back on a Mamiya 645 type camera

ZD  under 10 grand
S2 15 grand

ZD 36mm x 48mm  (1,728sq mm's area)
S2 30mm x 45mm  (1,350sq mm's area)

ZD  22 mega pixel
S2  37.5 megapixel

Leica glass     Summicrons made by real Solms and Wetzlar Gnomes
Mamiya glass    Mamiya Sekor glass. Really probably very nice but nothing to
get all warm and fuzzy about.

This is the option which is going to cross a few photographers minds who
want to own the stuff and not just rent it.

22 mp's sounds low but we know the quality is going to be there.
(1,728sq mm's area) makes for roomy large pixel grabbers.

I'd like to know what the high end iso's are going to be for both systems.

In medium format digital photography the high end, unlike 24x36mm digital
photography is crimped off low.
Inexplicable!

mark@rabinergroup.com
Mark William Rabiner