Subject: [Leica] Might as well forget the S2 even EXISTS - and hope foran R10
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Tue Sep 23 05:47:20 2008

Vick FWIW, Camera and lenses by Leica in house, sensor cooperation with
PhaseOne, firmware with Fuji.
Oh and a body 10,000 to 20,000 Euro, aiming for 15 or less. An adaptor will
be available to use some current R glass.
 I don't need/can't afford one either, however I join you in congratulating
Leica and Dr Kaufmann. Gutsiest move I ever saw. I'll be happy when the new
M lenses hit the streets. Already low res shots from those Summiluxes wide
open look smooth smooth, flare resistant and very asph like plus zero
visible vignette effect (on M8)
Dr Kaufmann also said that there will be an R10 but would not be drawn on
timeframe.
LFI says the initial blueprints exist and it will be 24x36 and AF

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/