Subject: [Leica] POWER POINT QUESTION?
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Sun Sep 21 14:29:41 2008

I used to use Powerpoint a lot. Now I use Apple's Keynote, which is similar.
But I still consider myself a Powerpoint expert.

When you are doing photographs in Powerpoint, the limiting factor is ALWAYS
the projector and not the software or the screen or the JPEGs. It is much
more difficult to project good color than to display it on a screen. I have
a cheap (US$1000) projector that does really awful things to greens and
saturated reds.

If you're going to spend time improving the quality of photographs in
Powerpoint, I recommend that you spend that time calibrating the projector
rather than fussing with the resolution of the images.

I have been able to improve the quality of computer-projected images by
using a Spyder2 sensor as described here:

http://presentationmaster.digitalmedianet.com/articles/viewarticle.jsp?id=35990