Subject: [Leica] August 2008 LUG photo contest winners
From: datamaster at northcoastphotos.com (Gary Todoroff)
Date: Thu Sep 18 12:36:44 2008

Thanks very much for my first first place! As
some background, the candid photo of the girl at
the pay-phone was taken in the very best Leica
tradition . . .  with an Olympus C-8080! The
live-view articulated LCD gave me the option of
using the camera like a twin lens reflex, with
the zoom lens extended to about a 90mm
equivalent. It was in fairly dark shade, but I
was able to brace the camera against my body for
a very sharp photo at 1/15th second. By standing
with a group of people (that she was part of,
too) and appearing to be "fiddling" with the
camera, the girl was not aware that I was taking the photo.

I have not been posting to my "Lympa Log" much
lately, nor much to the LUG for that matter.
However, LUGgers can follow my passion for the
creative Olympus E-330 dual-capability of optical
viewfinder and flip LCD finder at:
http://www.northcoastphotos.com/Lympa.htm

My main concentration these days is preparing for
a two-month trip to Swaziland, Africa to document
the town of Bulembu, which is serving the
abandoned and orphaned children in a country with
the highest AIDS/HIV infection rate in the world.
http://overseasresourcelink.org/who_we_are.html
http://bulembu.org/

I will be taking my two E-330's kit, along with
the adapted Leica-R lenses described in the Lympa Log.

Gary Todoroff
Tree LUGger

Replies: Reply from philippe.amard at tele2.fr (Philippe AMARD) ([Leica] August 2008 LUG photo contest winners)
Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] August 2008 LUG photo contest winners)