Subject: [Leica] 21/1.4??
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Thu Sep 11 12:15:17 2008

2008-09-11-12:55:57 Mark Rabiner:
> But the 21 and 24 asphs are not small. They are big and quite heavy.
> What's needed is an F4 like the kind of stuff CV is making.

Sez you.  Over and over again.  Because that's what you like -- teensy
light pancakey little lenses for wandering around during the day.

But I don't take most of my pictures outside in the daylight.  At least
half of my best stuff happens inside in the dim.  My most-used lens
these days during normal vampire hours is the 35/1.4 ASPH, and it stays
stuck on f/1.4 for the most part.  How useful would an f/4 lens be to
me?  Basically not at all.  That's the difference between ISO 320 (which
looks great) or 640 (which looks almost great) and trying to pull an
image out of the raging snowstorm which is ISO 2500.

> And ultra fast ultra wide?
> Boy I sure hope not.

Boy I sure hope so.  Or if not ultra-wide, then wide-ish.  Like 35
divided by 1.33 wide.  Which would be 26mm.  So a 24mm Summilux would be
loverly.  Or even 28mm.  But 24mm would be spiffers.  And even works
with the M8's framelines, if I start using my contact lenses again
instead of the glasses.

 -Jeff

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] 21/1.4??)
Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] 21/1.4??)