Subject: [Leica] Rollei ATP 1.1
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Wed Sep 10 11:49:59 2008

Len,

I looked for developer options, too, because of the cost of ATP DC Spur.
When I did some research on the APUG several months ago there were
positive references to a good alternative developer. I don't recall who
made it. Moersch perhaps. I got the impression it was only available in
Europe and not in the USA.

Results from ATP will likely be very developer dependent. The comments I
read regarding Rodinal and ATP was that it worked. Some liked it. Some
didn't. Nothing I read gave me the impression that ATP 1.1 in Rodinal
was equivalent to Tech Pan in Technodol, which is what I'm after.
(Anything less and there are plenty of other options).

When I have some time I'm going to do some testing. OTOH testing can end
up costing more than going with the recommended solution. I'll probably
buy the expensive stuff, but use it judiciously.

DaveR