Subject: [Leica] Posting on RFF for Noctilux 50/0.95 - optimized for M8. Hoax? Or pre-announcement for Photokina?
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Travel)
Date: Wed Sep 10 11:29:46 2008

Agreed, but $8K to $12k ( can not find the original link right now..) for a
lens is a bit high.... even for rich folk.  I could go looking, but I do not
think that the competitive lenses ( 24 Nikkor F2 and others) would be half
or even a quarter that high.
Let's hope it was an error, and not in judgement......!

Frank

>Reported prices are no way to expand their market......But are in line with
>recent extra high prices ....

Weak dollar is a big part of the problem.

Doug Herr

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Posting on RFF for Noctilux 50/0.95 - optimized for M8. Hoax? Or pre-announcement for Photokina?)
In reply to: Message from wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto@earthlink.net) ([Leica] Posting on RFF for Noctilux 50/0.95 - optimized for M8. Hoax? Or pre-announcement for Photokina?)