Subject: [Leica] re:Nikon scanner problems
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Wed Sep 10 10:57:33 2008

Walt,

ATP is everything Tri-X isn't. And visa versa. :-)

Bob's right about ATP. It's good stuff. I'm not sure how close it is to
Tech Pan. I used to love Tech Pan for certain things. Excellent tonality
(in Technodol) and acutance and resolving power worthy of Leica.

I've only shot a few rolls of ATP; trial paks that came with DC
developer. I saw enough that I'm going to get a 20-pak when I order
film. OTOH, I'll still use Tri-X 10 to 1. ;-)

I'd like to try ATP in 120, but I haven't seen it out there yet.

I scanned ATP using a Minolta 5400 and strip holder with no problem. No
problem with the feed, at least. My struggle's been with software issues
unrelated to film type.

DaveR