Subject: [Leica] Deer - flowers-dew drops & grass lots of deer
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed Sep 3 11:44:13 2008

Philippe AMARD said:

Subject: Re: [Leica] Deer - flowers-dew drops & grass lots of deer<<<<<<<

>>>800 mm : I had a look at the price tag today of the genuine 800 and said
to myself " G..!"<<<<<<<<

Philippe think about this amount o dollars for a moment and you will weep
uncontrollably! :-)

At the closing of the Munich 1972 Summer Olympics I was offered the Leica
800mm for the enormous amount of $1800. dollars USA!

Not $18,000. YEP, $1800 dollars because it had been used by several Leica
photographers during the Games! Therefore used and that was in the special
designed case. At the time I didn't have $1800 for a new lens at that amount
so I had to pass on it. But brought home the 60 macro lens for $600.00! :-)

Now if we only had time warp machines? :-)

ted