Subject: [Leica] Time to eat crow!
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Wed Sep 3 09:14:23 2008

I can't put my finger on the exact post that put me over the edge, but
I've decided it's time to get an M8.

I think the seed was firmly planted last winter when I spend a weekend
in Washington DC. The DSLR I'd planned to use felt like such an
albatross that I opted for the M6 most of the trip. I rationalized the
switch as a love for film. That has some basis because I do like film.
But really it was a love for the size, ergonomics and overall quality of
the M.

I've come to realize that the older I get the less I like toting around
big cameras and lenses. And if I want high quality output from a
relatively small package there aren't many options. Despite some
imperfections it seems the M8 is closer to perfection than a lot of
alternatives. The only question right now is do I order an M8 tomorrow
or do I first sell my DSLR gear?

I can be patient. Besides, I'm in a 120 mode. I recently got my favorite
Rolleiflex back from Oceanside Camera. In terms of any nitpicking I've
done in the past regarding the M8, I'm serving myself up a plate of
crow! Once I get one I'm sure I'll wonder why I waited so long. :-)

DaveR