Subject: [Leica] IMG: Too Dark?
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sat Aug 30 11:12:27 2008

At 02:00 PM 8/30/2008, you wrote:
>One would almost say "Grain? Who cares, look at the over all feeling in the
>photograph by such little light these people live their lives and do their
>cooking. And here's an image to prove it!
>
>ted

Thanks, Ted.  That's what I was hoping to show.  Every year that's
what strikes me most about life in Central America. They spend more
than half of their lives in the dark.  I could stand doing without
modern conveniences like television, but living in such darkness all
the time would really get me down!  I know it used to be the same
here - go to bed when the sun goes down and get up when the sun comes
up - but our lives have changed so much that we no longer live by
nature's clock!  Even in the daytime there, though, it's very, very
dark in their houses since they don't usually have windows.  I'm
afraid I'd be living most of my life outside (in the rain) !

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] IMG: Too Dark?)