Subject: [Leica] [img] WWII Veteran of Normandy
From: mark.teampope at ntlworld.com (Mark Pope)
Date: Sat Aug 30 10:45:04 2008

Walt's recent picture of an old vet inspired me to dig out an negative
that I shot in 2003 during a visit to the Utah Beach visitor's centre.
While we were wandering around, this gentleman and his family were there
too.  He'd come ashore on this beach all those years ago.

For some unexplained reason, I could never get a satisfactory print.  So
this is a negative scan, cleaned up somewhat in Photoshop.

It was taken with an M6TTL and IIRC a 50mm Summicron.  Film was Acros
100 developed in ID11.

I hope you like it...

http://www.monomagic.co.uk/galleries/people/environmental/NormandyVet1.jpg

C&C welcome as always