Subject: [Leica] mixed batch processing of Tmax 400/800
From: freakscene at weirdness.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Sat Aug 23 01:19:42 2008

I help a local lab maintain their replenishment system and the last batch of
Kodak B&W Control Strips they sent to the lab were made on TMY II.  You need
about 10% more development for a decent EI 800 neg.  You will lose some
shadow detail, but not as much as you might think - you will lose a lot of
shadow contrast.  This is no problem if you scan, but can be problematic for
wet printing.

TMY II is amazingly fine-grained; I'd use it if I wasn't so comfortable with
some other materials.

Marty

Gallery:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/main.php?g2_itemId=7617