Subject: [Leica] IMG: Zoe
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue Aug 19 13:50:40 2008

At 04:40 PM 8/19/2008, you wrote:
I'm sorry about your daughters hearing deficit...wondering what the
>prior loss was due to...if they know.
>
>off list if you prefer, or not....
>

>Steve

Laura was born hearing impaired.  I had gestational diabetes and when
she was born, she weighed 12 pounds 11 ounces.  I suspected all of
the ultrasounds I had when pregnant,  but the doctors said there was
no way to know the cause of her deafness. She has been wearing
hearing aids all her life and learned to lip read when she learned to
talk.  This is the third time she has been hit on the head and she
lost more hearing each time.  Laura says she needs to start wearing a
helmet!  To keep this on topic - Laura is the kid who gets all of my
old Leica M's.  She loves photography but has a degree in psychology
and no job.  :-(

Tina

Replies: Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] IMG: Zoe)
Message from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] IMG: Zoe)