Subject: [Leica] IMG: Natchitoches August Trip
From: leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Chris Williams)
Date: Tue Aug 19 12:31:24 2008

Some non wedding related images from my Natchitoches trip. I toured the
American Cemetery, captured SonC at 25,600iso, visited some interesting tree
patterns, was watched from below, and captured the rarely seen Cane River
whale.

www.zoeicaimages.com/NatchiTrip2008

I had a Lika D3 and Leica M8 with me. After shooting 2 weddings and various
other works with the Leica M8, I came to a few conclusions.

1. Leica needs to figure out whatever Nikon did with their High ISO
processing. Leica's 1250iso is a joke compared to the Nikon D3. Way too much
noise reduction work is required and that just plain blows really. 2 $5000
cameras and one can't perform close to what the other can in low light.
Sorry Leica, but get your ass in gear.

2. The M8 really shows the limits of the older lenses. My 8 element
Summicron does an okay job, but you can really notice fall off more with the
digital. No problems with the CV 21/f4, 90/2.8 Elmarit or my 50/2 Summicron.
The 50/3.5 Uncoated Elmar stayed in my bag. SonC's 28/2.8 Elmarit is a real
gem on the M8.

Again, maybe Leica should visit Nikon because some of the early Nikkor
lenses perform amazing on the D3.

3. The M8 is fun! About time I get to shoot my Leica lenses at weddings
again. It has plenty of flaws though, but still enjoyable. Hopefully the M9
whatever can be added to my bag along with the D3.

Chris
NOLA

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] IMG: Natchitoches August Trip)
Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] IMG: Natchitoches August Trip)