Subject: [Leica] Is Lightroom 2.0 Really Shipping?
From: daniel.ridings at yahoo.se (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Sun Aug 17 00:24:32 2008

--- On Sun, 8/17/08, Nathan Wajsman <photo@frozenlight.eu> wrote:

> Just one minor point--what gets converted is just the
> catalogue, i.e.
> the LR database that contains the previews and the edit
> history.

Aha! That wasn't so minor. That should be possible to do even on the same
harddisk. Though ... I would probably get another disk and make a backup
first anyway. Disks are cheap insurance.

But it is probably a moot point. I'll be sticking with Photoshop and don't
plan to do an upgrade. I have really, really come to distrust Lightroom. My
impression is that it is a piece of software that was released about a year
before prime-time. I don't mind being a beta-tester for Adobe, but I'd like
to get paid for it instead of paying for it.

Daniel