Subject: [Leica] Monitor Question
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Fri Aug 8 11:31:59 2008

>>replacing my CRT with a new LCD.<<

I wanted an LCD monitor. But my Lacie CRT still had a lot of life left
in it. I hate to throw away something that works. However, as a modern
consumer I buy stuff that I want, even though I don't really need it. I
bought an expensive LCD monitor. I use both CRT and LCD side by side
with a dual video card. Overall, I like the picture quality of the CRT
and the smaller (even though it's a bigger screen) footprint of the LCD.

I'm waiting for the day the Lacie loses enough contrast that I can dump
it in good conscience, but it'll probably outlive the LCD....and me.
Someday I'm going to get one of those monitors the size of a pen that
projects an image on a wall (can a hologram be far behind?). It'll go
with my computer, which is also my cell phone that runs Lightroom. I'll
organize images on the way to work in my electric car, except in
California where it's hands free.