Subject: [Leica] Slowly we learn, step by step, about the Nocti and the M8
From: graham at geebeephoto.com (Gee Bee)
Date: Thu Aug 7 00:57:18 2008

From: "Bill Larsen" <von-ohlen@sbcglobal.net>

>I am not terribly good at low light photography and I haven't mastered the
>intricacy of the M8 yet.  This picture was taken when
>it was so dark that I really couldn't see well enough to focus, much less
>walk without a flashlight.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Bill+Larsen/L1000580.jpg.html
>
> I have learned not to take the M8 over 640 asa... make the exposure
> corrections in camera raw....and set the shutter speed to
> something that I can actually hand handle (which isn't 1/15th second)
> This pix is much brighter than my eyes remember.  Is that
> a no-no to our people that actually have ethics about this?  And do I
> correct the light balance to not reflect that the light
> was from a single 12 volt light on the side of a trailer?
>
> regards, Bill Larsen

Hi Will,

Looks like a shot from someone who has 'mastered' everything he needs to
know. Terrific mood/ambience, I could practically hear
the music. Super shot!

--Graham

Replies: Reply from rsphotoimages at comcast.net (rsphoto's email) ([Leica] Slowly we learn, step by step, about the Nocti and the M8)